Friday, May 18, 2018

Daily Declarations, # 8


The words we say matter. And what you say to yourself daily matters more than you think! There is power in your vocabulary! That's why we must begin declaring the promises and purposes over our lives!

2 Timothy 1:7 says this, For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-disciple.

The Message version says it this way, "God doesn’t want us to be shy with His gifts, but bold and loving and sensible."

Sometimes I have to remind myself that through Jesus I am powerful... courageous... and strong. Most of the time, to be honest, it's when I am exercising. Because let's face it, I hate to exercise. I really do. But every time I am on the bike, or running around the track at my daughter's school, or lifting heavy weights, I have to remind myself, repeatedly, "I am powerful... I am courageous... I am strong." In fact I say them so often during times of exercise, I honestly start feeling it in my bones!
A spirit of fear and timidity is NOT from God.

We were created FROM victory and FOR victory. We were given power to encounter dangers, power to bear up under trials and power to triumph in persecutions.

We were given the great ability to love God and love others. It is the greatest calling of our lives and since we were created in His image, we have what He has - great love!

And self-discipline. Some versions say, "sound mind". Paul exhorted Timothy to give up worldly entanglements that only served to trip him up. We must ask the Holy Spirit to continue the same work in us so that we can serve God, disregarding self and having a sound mind.

And so we daily declare: I do not have a spirit of fear. God gives me power, love, and self-discipline.

Daily Declarations
#inspire #inspireministries #dailydeclarations #speakingwordsoflife #scripture #bible

No comments:

Post a Comment