Saturday, June 23, 2018

But As For Me... I Will Draw Near

Psalm 73:28 says, “But as for me, how good it is to be near to God! I have made the sovereign Lord my shelter and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things You do!” The KJV says, “But it is good for me to DRAW near to God.”

Draw = to pull out, to cause to come, to raise from any depth, to attract. Draw. It’s the seeking, the action of searching.

And sometimes when it’s hardest to see is the precise time we much fight for vision.

The psalmist here is trying to “figure God out.” He’s trying to understand why it seems the wicked prosper... why they seem to have no problems. His doubts are stirring and he’s questioning whether keeping his heart pure was all in vain.

But we see clear evidence of his heart change in verse 17, “But... then I went into Your sanctuary O God...” and again in verse 21, “Then I realized that my heart was bitter and I was all torn up inside.”
The palmist made a decision to DRAW near to God in difficult times.

To draw near means that we realize that His presence is obtainable. He’s close and we have direct access to His sweet companionship. It means the laying open of our soul to God... that He might enter in and inspect us fully. It means assuming the posture of praise at all times. It means choosing to see with heavenly perspective and in Divine light. It means to be peacefully pleased with anything that well pleases the Father. All looks different when seen as the preserving of souls and advancing us spiritually.

There will always be mysteries, problems that human reasoning cannot solve. But when we stop looking for reason and start trusting in His goodness - everything changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment