Thursday, November 29, 2018

If We Don't Give Up

You know God is speaking when He keeps bringing to your memory, again and again, one verse. I’ve heard it repeated at least a dozen times over the last week. I’ve heard it when I’ve been in conversations with other people; I’ve heard it in my quiet times. Over and over again the Lord, in His kindness, has reminded me of the thing I already know. But knowing and living are often oceans apart. And yet I cannot afford to live cut off from what He is saying. And there’s something here this weary heart must get.

“So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.” Galatians 6:9.

Let’s not get tired. Ahh, yes. Either by allowing wrong behavior to seep in or by possessing a worldly view, opposite of keeping in step with the Spirit.

Of doing what is good. Those things that God has ordered. Loving others, serving others, praying diligently, denying self, rejoicing always.

At just the right time. God’s time. Not ours. Because He knows not just what we need, but also at just the time we need it!

We will reap a harvest of blessing We will see the results of our faithfulness. Of our sacrifice. We will participate in the blessing and see for ourselves the return on our investment.

And yet here it is: IF we don’t give up. We will reap the harvest of blessing ONLY if we don’t give up. In no other way will we benefit than by refusal to give up.

And so I remind myself today... I must not give up. I must not grow weary in the doing good. I must not get tired in my commitment to follow hard after Him. For it’s the only way to receive the fullness Christ died to give me!

And you dear friends!

Don’t get tired of doing what is good. This hurting world needs you. It needs me. And together we will witness His glory in the land and will greatly benefit from the outpouring of His Spirit because of our determination and steadfastness.

I know it’s only Monday friend, but what better day to encourage ourselves and one another! Keep going! Keep doing good! It all matters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment