Sunday, December 9, 2018

He Died For That!

Some things are just so heavy.

And yet I wonder how long we will insist on carrying around the load we were never meant to carry?

Because that thing you’re so overwhelmed with... that painful situation, that bleak diagnosis, that offense, that rejection... that thing you’re carrying with you was never intended to be carried by you. It’s not your assignment and you simply aren’t equipped to bear the weight of discouragement it brings.

Jesus is saying to me today.. and maybe you too, “That affliction you’re hauling around with you... I died for that. I suffered a sinners death so you would no longer be responsible for the task that was never part of the original design for human flesh.” 

“I died for that. And that. And that.” 

And so I can release a little easier today. I can let go of the grip I have on the worry that does more harm to my soul than I realize.

The weight is too heavy, yes, and it’s all with intention, purposed by a Father who says, “Hand it over. I’ve got this!”

No comments:

Post a Comment