Monday, March 25, 2019

Anchor My Affections


I heard it in my spirit yesterday morning at church during worship.

It was like the Lord was trying to get my attention.

Because the truth really is that I had other things on my mind. My heart, though undivided, was distracted.

And I knew that I needed it to be realigned with the Father.

Because worship is too important to miss.

So when I heard it I knew it was for me. For that moment I found myself in.

And I so I began repeating it over and over and over.

"Anchor my affections in You."

It was my cry to the One who's worthy of my WHOLE heart - not just half of it.
The One who's worthy of my FULL attention... my entire focus... my complete devotion.

The truth is, we can blame our distraction on a number of things... latecomers, music preference, unresolved conflict, disruptive row dwellers... but my experience with God... my encounter with the Holy Spirit... is up to me. I can maintain a distraction-filled attitude, or I can come fully surrendered - and in my case a prayerful soul longing for the intimacy found only in Jesus Christ!

Father - anchor my affections in You.

I want for nothing else than You! <3
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment