Monday, April 22, 2019

Easter Reading Plan / Devotional 2019: 16

DAY SIXTEEN
 
Read Luke 24:35-53

Write out verses 37-39 from the Passion Translation.

Pause and Ponder: The word “fear” found in verse 38 is translated to the word “imaginations” in Aramaic. I love this! Our “fear” so often is only in our imagination. We make it up reasons to fear when in reality Jesus has commanded us NOT to fear.
What are you afraid of today that you must find a way to lay at the cross and let go of?


The coming of the Holy Spirit was predicted in scripture (Joel 2:28-29, Ezekiel 36:26-27).

The Holy Spirit is described as an “Advocate” that comes as a representative of Jesus Christ, known also as the “Spirit of Truth.”

God, in His Divine mercy, love, and grace, has given us the Holy Spirit in place of Jesus. The Holy Spirit gives us power, guidance, and direction which marks the beginning of God’s salvation.

Suggested Prayer: Thank You, God, that You have mercifully provided a Savior for my sins. Thank You that You also provide me with an Advocate who shows me the way I should go and protects me from disaster and destruction. Amen.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment