Friday, April 26, 2019

His Hand Must Lead Us To His Face


John 6:26-27 says this, "Jesus replied, 'I tell you the truth, you want to be with Me because I fed you, not because you understand the miraculous signs. But don't be so concerned about perishable things like food. Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you. For God the Father has given Me the seal of His approval."

The Passion Translation says, "... because I fed you by a miracle, not because you believe Me."

And the Message says, "... not because you saw God in My actions, but because I fed you - and for free!"

The students failed to enter into spiritual significance.

These disciples... these students of God... seemed to be entirely controlled by their physical natures while their spiritual lives lay fast asleep!

The people were demanding of Jesus. They wanted their physical man to be satisfied and their personal desires to be appeased.
And Jesus was perfectly familiar with their character. He understood well that their appetites superseded their affections.

Ahh yes... Jesus can see inward motives as well as outward movements.

And it's always the heart He's after.
The face-to-face encounter with Him.

Are we seeking what He can do for us as opposed to who He to us?

My prayer always must be: "May I always ensure that my motives for more of You, God, are for PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP and not gain by miracle."

Create in me a clean heart!

Seeking His hand isn't wrong, but it must lead us to an encounter with His face!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment