Monday, April 29, 2019

What The Father Is Saying

I could feel it rise within me this morning. Already. And the enemy sneak attacks when you’re not fully armored. And perhaps I wasn’t. Because a sure fire way to ensure any kind of spiritual setback is to leave home unguarded and unprotected.

And I’ve been saying it for weeks now, and wrestling with it in my spirit: I must say what the Father’s saying. I must do what the Father’s doing.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Because the Son of Man left the example. “I say only what the Father taught Me.” John 8:28. “He gave Me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.”

And so Jesus... He only did what He saw the Father do. And He only said what He heard the Father say.

And so must I.

The assignment is the same for me. And I’ve not been given liberty to change it.

And as the words rose nearer to the surface again, the Spirit interceded: “Is that what Jesus is saying?”

Ahh... instant conviction.
Conviction enveloped in grace.

“I can’t do it! I’m not strong enough!”
That’s not what Jesus is saying.

“It’s all about my comfort and convenience.”
That’s not what Jesus is saying.

“Can you believe they did that to me!”

That’s not what Jesus is saying.

“This just isn’t fair!”
That’s not what Jesus is saying.

And if I can’t find it in His Word... if I can’t find it in His nature... if I can’t see it demonstrated in His life and from His mouth... I have no authority to do it or say it.

I must uncover what He’s saying and what He has said... and insist on those things that breathe life.

It really... really... REALLY matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment