Saturday, July 27, 2019

Envision The Outcome


When we pray I believe it's vital for us to envision the outcome.

In my prayer journal are pages of prayers for friends and family members who are battling some serious issues in the area of health, relationships, finances etc. And I have placed them all before God time and time and time again. I have pleaded for restoration and healing while simultaneously begging God to increase my faith to keep contending for breakthrough.

I have prayers in my prayer journal for sick people that say, "Thank you for healed cancer!" - while they are still receiving chemotherapy! I have others that say, "Thank you that their marriage is whole and healthy!" - while they are still discussing divorce options.

Why?

Because I want my heart and mind fixated on a solution. I want my affections surrendered to envisioning the outcome.

When I first started my Inspire Ministries 9 years ago, I was in a core meeting with my team and we were discussing the name for our ministry. We were in a season of laying the groundwork for who we were, what we would be about, and how God wanted to use us.

One day as we were discussing names that would fit our mission, Inspire was tossed out. And I loved it. We desired to be about inspiring women in their relationships with Jesus.

I told my team, "Now... let's think about this. When we are a big organization serving thousands around the world, what is it going to sound like when people call in? 'Thank you for calling Inspire Ministries, how may I help you?'"

Notice I said "WHEN we are a big organization."

I was already planning for God to use us in mighty ways for His glory. I was already preparing to see God do the impossible. I was envisioning the outcome.

And so must we.

Faith believes for impossibilities.
Faith is agreement for all God is capable of doing and WANTS to do.
Faith is standing in the gap for people and trusting that healing and wholeness has always been a part of the great design of God's plan for us.

And so - we pray while envisioning the outcome.

It matters... and I believe it changes everything.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment