Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Seer Of All Things Lovely

I saw it there as I was aimlessly scrolling past. The image that stood out like a sore thumb. The once beautiful cabinet awaiting restoration. And I would write the words to her - the seer of all things lovely: “I always love seeing through the eyes of someone who sees ‘potential' in all things.” Because we live in a day and age where beauty is often forgotten. Where suspicion has been advanced to an art form. Where disgust is constantly highlighted. Where what nauseates has been highly esteemed, and where what’s “wrong” is paraded on display as trophies of defeat. We have somehow created a culture where we know more about what others are against than what they are for. And we’re perfectly okay to refer often to the imperfections and deficiencies in other people. Oh but I love seeing those who have an eye for all things worthy. Those who have a trained eye for seeing the beauty and splendor in it’s embryonic state. Because I think it’s how the Father sees. With eyes of compassion and filled with undeserving grace, He sees past the inadequacies… He sees beyond the blemishes. Instead of identifying flaws, He speaks to our potential. And He calls us into a life of freedom from identifiers the world labels as disqualifying credentials. Oh friend - He sees all that you CAN be… perhaps all that you ONCE were… and He says, “I will make you beautiful again! I will restore you! I will refurbish and repair and reestablish you!” Someone needs to hear this today: You are worthy! You are loved! You are seen for the One in who’s image you were created in the likeness of. It’s time to let the artist do His work in revitalizing and renewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment