Thursday, September 26, 2019

He is Kind

I have been thinking a lot lately on the kindness of God.

I was talking with someone the other day about our recent out-of-state move and we were discussing some of the "hiccups" in our year-long journey that got us here. And yet in the very moments of discussing what could be considered setbacks and obstacles, I was suddenly overcome by the kindness of God.

All throughout the pages of scripture we read about the kindness of God.

1 Chronicles 16:34, NASB: "...His lovingkindness is everlasting."

Psalm 86:5, NASB: "For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You."

Luke 6:36, MSG: "Our Father is kind..."

Psalm 63:3, NASB: "Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You."

Jeremiah 31:3, NIV: "“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."

The Lord is kind.

Oh He is powerful and He is mighty and He is strong.
But He is also kind.

Take a look at the word for a moment.
Kind means this: good, benevolent in nature, indulgent, considerate, helpful, mild, gentle, sympathetic in attitude, easily imposed upon.

Think about that definition.
I mean, really think on it.

My mind immediately focused in on "easily imposed upon."

I've heard it before that there are those who believe that they are "bothering God" with trivial things. In fact someone told me recently, "I can't bother God with my little problems, when there is cancer and killing in the world."

But let us remember, our God is kind.
He longs to hear from His children.
And He is "easily imposed upon."
There is no thing too large for Him in His power to overcome.
And there is no thing too small for Him in His kindness to cover with compassion.

He has been so kind.
He is... so kind.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment