Monday, September 23, 2019

He is Redeeming All Things!

I was speaking to someone recently who was sharing with me about how busy life is for her right now. She was talking about this season of life being so painfully hectic, and even said, "I barely have time to breathe."

And I would think that this is true for most of us at one point or another in our lives.

I remember when my daughter was in school and I was working full time. I felt like I was burning the candle at both ends. I felt overwhelmed by all the responsibilities and all of the demands being placed on me.

I was trying to encourage my friend to stay in His Word and to keep steadfast in prayer. I was challenging her to "remain" as close to Jesus as possible and to disregard the temptation to "put off" her quiet time and scripture reading.

My weary friend looked back at me and said the words I've said a thousand times, "I just don't have time."

As my friend and I were saying goodbye she asked me if I would continue praying for her, to which of course I said I would.

Immediately I would pray for her and as I did, the Holy Spirit prompted me with these words, "I am redeeming all things... even time!"

Oh that we serve a mighty and powerful AND PERSONAL God! A God who is a Redeemer of all things.

I would write it in my journal and praise Him for being so good and so patient and so merciful.

"Thank you for the time You multiply because of our 'first-love-focus!' Thank you that you are redeeming all that we consider lost... even the sacrifice of quiet time with You! You NEVER waste time well-spent with You! You are redeeming all things!"

Spend some time thanking Him today for all that He is redeeming in your life:
- the sacrifice you're making with Him.
- the broken marriage vows.
- the lost and wayward child.
- the days spent in pain and despair.
- the worry.
- the heartbreak.
- the loss.

Oh friend, He is redeeming that thing! Yes - even that!

He loves you so much!
He is the Redeemer of all things broken and stolen and lost!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment