Sunday, December 29, 2019

He Is Conditioning Me

I had this thought the other day as I was talking with a friend about all I have seen God do in and through me this last year.

And I realize that for many, 2019 has been a challenging year. In fact, very sadly I read someone's post on FB the other day that read, "So ready for this awful year to be over."

And I get it.
I feel as though my 2018 was like that.
I wasn't really "sad" to see it end.

But as believers in Jesus - the One raised to life on our behalf - we have to see with different eyes! And if we can't, we must learn how to ask Him for a better perspective.


This word popped in my head as I was chatting with my friend who was sweetly and sincerely asking me what I feel God has been doing in this season of my life and the word was "conditioning."

I feel as though He is conditioning me for the next season. Preparing me for all He has for me.

Take a look at the word conditioning. By definition it means this = "to heighten or improve the flavor of, to give certain character to, to mature/toughen."

Yes, and maybe you feel a little like me in that God has been "conditioning" you for a long time. Maybe you find yourself saying, "I'm ready now! Come on with it already!"

But the fact truly is that His timing is perfect. He is never late. Hab 2:3, in part, says this, "If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."

And so the position we must maintain is readiness. Eagerness. Willingness. Confidence.

You and I are being conditioned for all He has for us. He is heightening us, improving the flavor of us, giving us certain characters needed for our next season, maturing us, toughening us.

Your season of preparation might seem long and grueling and even burdensome, but hold tight to the promise that what He has begun, He will see to completion!! (Phil 1:6)

It's like I said to a good friend on Friday.. "He is a good Father... He doesn't know how to be anything else." 

Are you allowing God to condition you for 2020? It's worth taking the time to really contemplate.

No comments:

Post a Comment