Wednesday, January 29, 2020

A Well-Documented Life


I was watching an interview recently with Kanye West.  He was explaining, in great depth, about his transformation, and discussing some of the effects that the words of naysayers were having on him.  The interviewer listened with great intensity and asked Kanye the difficult question, “Don’t you think this just comes with the territory?”  Kanye certainly agreed that it did… and does.  But it was what the reporter said next that caught my attention.  He said this, “You, for sure, have lived a well-documented life.”

What he meant by it, as he would go on to expound, is that Kanye has been no stranger to scrutiny, judgement, harassment, and scandal.  He, indeed, most certainly, has lived a life well-documented.  I think the word for “well” in this instance could be likened to fully, thoroughly, or greatly.  His life has been well-documented by the masses.  By people who know him, and even more so, I would guess, by people who’ve never meant him, let alone carried on a conversation with him.

And it got me thinking.

I am no one famous.
My name is not well known.
I am no celebrity.
And my life will likely never be “dinner conversation” for the multitude.

But I, too, can live a well-documented life.
“Well”, here, is used to denote something, “in a good or satisfactory manner; strong, flourishing, wholesome, excellently.”

My life, too, can be well-documented as a life having exhausted everything for Jesus.
A life that points to Him.
A life, as one pastor put it recently, that “leaks Jesus.”

I want to live a well-documented life… not just for a good legacy, but to live representing a godly lifestyle.

I want to be like Peter who said in Acts 3:6, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you…”  He goes on to say is Jesus, to the lame man who couldn’t walk.

I want to be like Paul who said in 2 Timothy 4:6, “As for me, my life has already been poured out as an offering to God.”

And I want to be like David who said in Psalm 25:1, “O Lord, I give my life to You.”

The highest desire of my whole life is to live a well-documented life that shows Him off.  A life that points to His goodness, and extends His loving grace to everyone around me.

Let’s live well-documented lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment