Sunday, January 19, 2020

Response To Your Rescue


It started in my prayer time early on Thursday morning.  This reoccurring thought that I HAVE BEEN RESCUED.

I HAVE BEEN RESCUED.

And sometimes God gives revelation to the things my head knows… and HAS known for years and years… and reveals it to me in a brand new way.  A way that pierces my heart and moves me to tears.

I HAVE BEEN RESCUED.

And the truth is that you have been too!
And if you belong to Jesus… If you have received Him into your heart… YOU TOO, have been rescued.

The word RESCUE by definition is this = "to be free or delivered from any confinement, violence, danger, or evil; to be liberated from actual restraint or to be removed or withdrawn from a state of exposure to evil; deliverance from a restraint.”

Oh this is such good news!

I HAVE BEEN RESCUED.
I have been delivered from confinements.
I have delivered from danger.
I have delivered from evil.
No longer are those realities which I must allow myself to be consumed with fear about.

I have been liberated from restraint.
I have been removed from exposure to evil that can do any harm to me.

I HAVE BEEN RESCUED.

I have been made free from all the hindrances to advancement in my spiritual life.
I have been given a new way of thinking.
I have been purposed with a new perspective.

And so often our human default is a live in reaction to all the evil that’s happening around us.
Political disorder.
National conflict.
Criminal intentions.

Bitterness.
Suffering.
Illness.

It’s all part of what the human eye has been conditioned to see.

But I HAVE BEEN RESCUED.

And while it certainly doesn’t permit me to ignore the storms, it does authorize me to refuse to accept and embrace the wind and waves assigned to throw me off course.  It does encourage and empower me to live the way Jesus lived - sleeping in the boat while the others were stirred by fear, panic, anxiety, doubt, and apprehension.

Because He doesn’t see storms the same way we see them.
And He lived a life I must learn to model.

I HAVE BEEN RESCUED.

I would write it in my journal: “Thank you for YOUR RESCUE in the mire and the muck and the ugliness of this place.”

And so I resolve again: Every day of my life is a rescuing.  And so… my life will be in full response to Your rescue.

We can no longer allow ourselves to live reactionary to the evil, but insist on living in response to His nature and His goodness.  To live in FULL RESPONSE to the rescue we’ve been granted and yet never once deserved.

May I forever respond well to Your rescue.

It really, really, really matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment