Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The Guarded Gate

Psalm 118:19-20 says this, “Open for me the gates where the righteous enter, and I will go in and thank the Lord.  These gates lead to the presence of the Lord, and the godly enter there.”

The Psalmist here knows the secret of entrance into the “house of the Lord”… or the Presence.  And we get a glimpse of what was intended as instruction for all of us.

“Open the gates.”
The first thing to note here is that the request to open the gates, insinuates that the doors are closed.  They are closed until we make the request for them to be open.  We’ve got to want the Presence of the Lord.  He is a good Father.  So much so that He doesn’t invade the heart and mind of a person, but allows us the free will to desire Him for ourselves.

“Open the gates”, he says.  The gate… where the King dwells.

“Where the righteous enter.”  Some versions say “godly.”
This is denoting a person who is just, a person who is holy in heart, a person who reveres God, lives in obedience, and is not only observant of Divine commands, but is so in practice as well.

In other words - “ I want to be counted among the saints who receive the privilege and honor of loving You well and represent You best."

“I will go in and thank the Lord.”
Ahh… yes!  Our pathway is praise! 
I can only profit by partnership with the Presence by praise!
Praise and Worship is our response to His gracious permission.

Those who can enter into the gate of His presence are those who:
  • purpose to serve God.
  • purpose to worship God.
  • purpose to be holy.

These who strive in these areas
  • enter the gates.
  • are recognized as friends of God.
  • are permitted to join in all devotion of His people.

As we enter into a new year I purpose to serve God where I am.  I purpose to worship Him no matter the price.  I purpose to enter the gates with gratitude on my tongue and praise on my lips.

The Presence is too important, and the threat of His withdraw is too dangerous.

“I have found the gateway to God, the pathway to His presence…”  (TPT)  And I will give my life to making Him glad that He let me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment