Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Your New Season

It’s a new year.  And with that comes a lot of goal-setting and resolution-making. 

And I hear it a lot.  “God is bringing me into a new season.”
In fact, I would say that one of the most popular quoted scriptures at the beginning of a new year is Isaiah 43:19, “See, I am doing a new thing!”

And I believe He is. 
In my life.  In your life.  In the nation.  In the world.
He’s doing a new thing.  He’s bringing us into new territory.

But the truth is that we can’t enter into this new season carrying around the heavy weight of old habits and old mindsets.

Scripture tells us that we, “were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”  (Eph 4:22-24)

We are a new creation.
And we absolutely cannot be ushered into our new territory practicing habits that we have been rescued and redeemed from. 

Romans 12:2 say, “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.”

Be TRANSFORMED… how? 
By the RENEWING of your mind.

It means we have to change the way we think.

I’m asking God this year, and I encourage you to do the same, “What do I need to let go of in order to take occupancy of the new territory You are calling me into?  What habits do I need to put an end to?  What mindsets need to be destroyed?”

It’s a brave question… but one that is necessary if our desire is to move forward in our faith.

Let’s be brave this year together!

No comments:

Post a Comment