Monday, March 30, 2020

He is Redeeming and Restoring All Things!


I would stumble upon the scriptures almost by accident in my quiet time.
Ahh…. but this weary heart knows that nothing is by “accident.”
And wouldn’t it be JUST like our God to point me to the promise at the time of pain?

Zechariah 10.
And the title tells it all.
“The Lord Will Restore His People.”

“Ask the Lord for rain in the spring, for He makes the storm clouds.  And He will send showers of rain so every field becomes a lush pasture.”  (verse 1)

I would read it in my commentary.. “Great rains usually accompany thunder and lightning.”
And isn’t that what it’s feeling like now?  Thunder and lightening?
It’s striking all around us.
It’s sound is deafening.

But great rain is coming.
And when God’s people pray for rain, we can be sure to get it.
And, “rain” enough, “so every field becomes a lush pasture.”

Because.. while we is asking, God is answering.

Seasonal rain is God’s mercy.  And the promise is that when we are in need, we have been granted the ability to ask and the expectation for it to come.

And more promises are uncovered when we dig in.
“I will strengthen Judah and save Israel; I will restore them because of My compassion… for I am the Lord their God, who will hear their cries.”  (verse 6)

“The people of Israel will become like might warriors, and their hearts will be made happy as if by wine.  Their children, too, will see it and be glad their hearts will rejoice in the Lord.”  (verse 7)

“When I whistle to them, they will come running, for I have redeemed them.  From the few who are left, they will grow as numerous as they were before.”  (verse 8)

“They will pass safely though the sea of distress, for the waves of the sea will be held back, and the waters of the niles will dry up.”  (verse 11)

And my heart would leap for joy as my soul finds peace and rest.  And in reading the words of hope, I cling to them as promises of redemption and restoration.

Ahh… for such a time as this!

God - send the rain so that every field becomes a lush pasture.  So that the field in me will be beautiful and yield a harvest of bounty.
Thank you, Father, that you are strengthening me… even now… even in this. 
Thank you for hearing my cries!
God, You are making me strong like a warrior and making my heart glad in the midst of chaos and uncertainty.
Count me among the “few”, God, who will grow more numerous than before.
Because of my great persistence in prayer, God, my children will, “see it and be glad in their hearts.”  Their children will praise the Lord because of generations of faithfulness!
I am standing upon Your promise that I will safely pass through this sea of distress as You hold back the dangerous waves that threaten my stability and security.

Hold to His promises, friends.
Claim them with your tongue.
TODAY is the day of salvation! (1 Cor 6:2)

He is redeeming and restoring all things!

No comments:

Post a Comment