Saturday, July 25, 2020

I Will Deliver You


Psalm 91:14-16 in the KJV says this, “Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known My name.  He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.”

The word that appears twice here is the word DELIVER in verse 14 and 15.  However, there is different meaning of each word.

In verse 14 the word “deliver” means, “to step out; escape.”
In verse 15 the word “deliver” means, “to pull off, equip, strengthen.”

Why is this so important?

The promise is, “I will deliver.”
Yet how many of us know that often times it doesn’t quite feel as though we have escaped or been helped to “step out of” any hard circumstance?

The second word “deliver” can be likened to being lifted out of a pit, or dragging up out of the midst of anything that surrounds a person, and then settling him in some place of safety.

Sometimes God chooses to deliver us by taking the burden off our backs, and yet other times He makes us strong enough to carry it.

My commentary says, “The serpent may still wound our heel, but if God be with us He will give us strength to press the wounded heel on the malignant head, and we can squeeze all the poison out of it.”

Though His mode of operation may differ, He never gives leaves us without the sweet promise that one way or another… He will be with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment