Monday, August 31, 2020

Love Notes


 

I reached into my desk drawer yesterday morning looking for something else when I found this.
And maybe because the Lord, in His kindness, knew I needed to read it.
Needed to be reminded.

And I remember the day she wrote it.
I don’t recall the year exactly, but I can see the day… the moment in my mind.

I was having a difficult day.
I was in a challenging season.
And in true Chloe fashion, she sensed it.
Her God-given discerning spirit felt it too.
And as she had done so many times before, the little girl, who was likely not much older than 9 and in the fourth grade, encouraged this momma beyond words.

Two sentences.
On a scrap piece of paper.
Eleven years ago.
And it’s still speaking volumes to my weary heart.

My sweet hubby has often questioned why I “keep” so many seemingly “unnecessary” things.  Why I have a sometimes irrational association to inanimate objects.
We laugh over the fact that one day, upon my passing, someone will have to sort through pages (upon pages) of journals, boxes of notes and cards, and crates of photo albums and memorabilia of days gone by.

And this is why.

Because God uses them to remind me in the difficult days, that He is still good, I am still loved, and that what I have done this side of eternity matters.

It did to a little girl watching from the sidelines who loved her momma, and wanted her to know it too.

Who do you love?
Who matters to you?
Who has made a difference in your life?

Tell them.
Take the time to encourage those God has placed in your story.

Don’t waste another minute thinking your words won’t matter.
They do.

You never know what a text message can do for someone.
Or a hand-written one - like this.

Don’t miss an opportunity to be the person you wish you’d had when you were struggling.

Happy Monday, friends.  Let’s go out and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment