Thursday, November 19, 2020

Know His Heart and Fulfill His Purposes

 


The building of a temple for the Lord.

It was the great desire of King David.

It had been the intention of His heart.

He had told the prophet, Nathan in 2 Samuel 7, about the shame he was experiencing.  “Look, I am living in a palace made of cedar wood, but the Ark of God is in a tent!”

And so began his plans for building what he believed would be a more appropriate place to honor His God.

But as scripture tells us, because of unrest, and the absence of peace due to wars and bloodshed during his reign, God would disallow him success.

Instead, David’s son, Solomon, would be the one to build the temple.

A look into the heart of Solomon can be seen in 1 Kings 5:3-5.
The Word tells us that Solomon sent a message to King Hiram who had just congratulated the now new King Solomon, he said, “You know that my father, David, was not able to build the Temple to honor the name of his God because of the many wars waged against Him by surrounding nations.  He could not build until the Lord had given him victory over all his enemies…. so I am planning to build a Temple to honor the name of the Lord my God, just as He had instructed my father, David.”

I love this so much.  

Solomon knew the intentions his father, David had.
He knew his heart and was resolved to fulfill his intended purpose.

Solomon was behaving most like Jesus in this moment.
The One who knew the heart of His Father and was settled in accomplishing God’s objective for humankind.

And it begs the question - How I am living?  Am I so familiar with the heart of the Father, and in knowing that am I living in complete determination?  In knowing His heart, am I stewarding well my divine assignment according to His original plans and designs?

Oh God, that we would strive to live not only with the peace of Solomon, and the wisdom of this would-be King, but with high levels of integrity that is the result of pure intimacy with the Father.

May we know His heart, and fulfill His purposes!

No comments:

Post a Comment