Thursday, February 25, 2021

Pray For Strength

 

We have to pray for strength.


It doesn’t mean we are weak.  

Acknowledging our need for Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit is strength!


I had this thought the other day.  Because I hear people say it all the time.  “I thought once I started following Jesus, everything would be so much better.  But instead, I feel like things got more and more difficult.”


While the heart of the new believer is open and receptive to hearing the voice of God, I think it’s also just as painfully and equally opened and receptive to an enemy intrusion.


Before your life was changed, you were no real threat to the enemy.


And now you are.


In fact, you are a perfect target.


And trust me when I tell you he DOES NOT want to see you following Jesus with your full heart.


And he will do anything he can do distract you, disarm you, and disable you.


We must pray for the strength to stay in love with Jesus.
We must pray for the strength to follow Jesus wholeheartedly.
We must pray for the strength to step out of darkness and into light.

James 4:7 says this, “So humble yourselves before God, resist the devil and he will flee from you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment