Monday, March 22, 2021

I Find No Fault With This Man

 


The filter for living our lives is simple.

It's the same filter Jesus used when He lived His earthly life.
He, "only [does] what He sees the Father doing." (John 5:19) And this, "I don’t speak on My own authority. The Father who sent Me has commanded Me what to say and how to say it." (John 12:49)

Jesus only did what He saw the Father doing.
Jesus only said what He heard the Father saying.

It’s simple.

I didn't say it was easy.  I said it was simple.

One example is seen in the way Pilate saw Him.

The one who was to impart judgement and assign punishment said this of our King, their perceived “criminal”…. “Behold, I am bringing Him out to you, that you may know that I find no fault in Him.”  (John 19:4)

“I find no fault in Him.”


And so here we find not only a clear initiative, but an attainable aspiration.
To live like Jesus.
To live in such a way no one can find fault.

That doesn’t mean living to please man.
It simply means living in a way that so reflects the life of our Jesus.  Living a life filled with mercy and grace.  Living a life filled with joy and peace.  Living a life that declines to be influenced by hate… a life that refuses to live reactionary to evil,  but only in response to the Father.

Can it be said of me too?  “I find no fault with her.”

It’s worth wrestling with this question for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment