Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Improper Focus and Inappropriate Fear


 

Deut 11:18 (NIV) says, “Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.”

Prov 4:25 (NLT) says, “Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you.”

2 Cor 4:18 (NIV) says, “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”

There’s something to be said about “fixing our gaze.”

This is to fixate our gaze on His glory.

To fix means: “to look at, regard attentively, take heed, beware, consider.”
To fixate means: “to make stable or stationary; become excessively attached.”

Oh and it is my prayer daily.

Jesus, keep my eyes focused on You.

I would tell it to a friend bogged down with the worldly condition.

I see it too.

But I won’t allow myself to be consumed by it.

I will pray every day to have eyes that see Him.
Because giving attention to anything else that is inferior to Him will ultimately lead to inappropriate fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment