Friday, March 26, 2021

Jesus - Inconvenienced

 


There’s a story of Jesus being asked by a Roman officer to heal a young servant who was lying in bed paralyzed and in terrible pain.

And I love the words of our sweet Savior, Jesus.

We see it in Matthew 8, verse 7.  Jesus says, “I will come and heal him.”

He had just returned to Capernaum and likely had been weary just following His Sermon on the Mount.

But Jesus says, “I will come and heal him.”
I will go to him.
I know he can’t come to me.
So I will go to him.

Jesus inconveniences Himself as He pauses in His activity to go to the inflicted man.

And it wasn’t, “I will go check him out.”
But rather, “I will go heal him.”

Confidence.
Authoritative.
Merciful.
Compassionate.

And willingly inconvenienced.

And the order is the same for you and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment