Friday, January 31, 2014

Oh How He Loves


Psst... hey you!  Yeah you.  Can we talk?

Do you need to feel loved today?
Do you need to hear somebody say they love you and that you are enough?

Will you allow me to say that to you today?

I know, I know, we may not be friends.  And the thought of accepting words of a stranger from a computer screen seems a bit frightening.  Odd maybe.  But what if I could share with you for a moment, not my own words, but the words straight from scripture.  Right from God's heart to your ears... or in this case eyes.

Because some days are hard.
Because some days are messy.
Because some days it hurts.
Because some days you are afraid to keep going.

And I know this too.

I know what it means to be lied to.
I know what it feels like to be all alone.
I know what it's like to feel defeated and weary and afraid.

But God's plan for our lives... as believers... is better. 

Oh how He loves!

Zephaniah 3:17 says,
"For the Lord your God is living among you.  He is a mighty savior.  He will take delight in you with gladness.  With His love, He will calm all your fears.  He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.” {NLT}
He is living among us.  He is with us.  He is a mighty Savior, yes, but He is with us...which means He is a friend.  He will take great delight in you with gladness.  Gladness!  Delighting in you brings Him happiness.  He calms all of your fears and the end... the beautiful end of this verse.. He rejoices over you with joyful songs.

Oh how He loves!

Yes... that much.

There are six beautiful "I Wills" of restoration that appear in Zephaniah:
  • I will gather, 3:18: "I will gather you who mourn for the appointed festivals."
  • I will deal, 3:19: "I will deal severely with all who have oppressed you."
  • I will save, 3:19: "I will save the weak and helpless ones."
  • I will appoint, 3:19: "I will bring together those who were chased away."
  • I will bring you back, 3:20: "I will gather you and bring you home again."
  • I will give you, 3:20: "I will give you a good name of distinction."
Oh the promises of our God are so rich.  He will restore us.  He will deliver us.  He will bring us back.

Every.  Single.  Time.

Why?

Because we are His.
"My beloved is mine and I am his."  {Song of Solomon 2:16}
 Gods love just is.

We don't earn it and we don't even deserve it.

But we have it.

Because He is ours and we are His.

So for the hard and messy days... remember Who sings over you with joyful songs.
Remember Who is gathering and dealing and saving and appointing and giving and bringing back.

Our God... He fights for you because He loves you.

And I don't know another love quite like that one!

Finding JOY in the JOurneY,





No comments:

Post a Comment