Sunday, December 31, 2017

May No Thing Survive...

I wrote it down in my journal in early fall. And I remember when I heard the words stirring in my spirit. A hard prayer to pray, really.

“May no thing in my life survive that does not bring You honor and glory.”

Hard because it’s a begging for failure of anything less than God-honoring.

It’s brave and bold. And it’s dangerous.

May no thing in my life survive that does not bring You honor and glory.
  • That selfishness that rears it’s ugly head and demands rights and clings to entitlement.
  • Those few words spoken as gossip because it somehow makes the flesh feel better about self to see imperfections in other people.
  • The blatant disregard to love that is anything less than sacrificial.
  • The refusal of grace and forgiveness.
  • The bitter attitude that insists upon cycles of revenge instead of habits of mercy.

Ahh, Lord… going into the new year may it be different. May we rise above the common denominator of brokenness, and remain unsettled and dissatisfied with anything less than our very best for You.

Because it all matters.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment