Monday, March 12, 2018

Holy Habitation For The King

Exodus 25:8 says, “Have the people of Israel build Me a holy sanctuary so I can live among them.” The KJV says, “... that I may dwell among them.” God ordered a royal place to be set up among them for Himself... a sanctuary... a habitation. There is where He would show His presence among them. It was ordered to be a tabernacle, which by definition is, “a portable sanctuary... a dwelling place.” It moved with them.

God seeks an abode with man. He cannot rest with true satisfaction until He has obtained this abode. Psalm 132:13-14 says the Lord chose Jerusalem as His home saying, “... this is my resting place forever... I will live here, for this is the home I desired.” And the reality is that God’s dwelling with His people must rest in a place of voluntary surrender. We must desire for Him to dwell with us and prove so by the offering up of ourselves as a place of rest for the Lord!

Oh how my heart desires that He might find in me a place to rest. That I may hear Him say to me, “I will live here! For this is the home I desired!” 


May I always desire to be a Holy Habitation for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment