Wednesday, March 14, 2018

My Daily Desire




Psalm 141:2 says, “Accept my prayer as incense offered to You, and my upraised hands as an evening sacrifice.” The Message version (verses 1,2) says it this way, “God, come close. Come quickly! Open Your ears – it’s my voice you’re hearing! Treat my prayer as sweet incense rising; my raise hands are my evening prayers.”

Our empty hands raised… With hearts that aspire like incense. With petitions that confess our need for Jesus. With a casting ourselves upon His grace.

My commentary says, “God wills us to draw near to Him, not because it pleases Him, but because it blesses us, and we are to worship, not in order that we may bring anything, but in order that bringing our emptiness into touch with His infinite fullness may pass into our lives.”

Yes. And I could use more of that! You too? Lord teach us to want You more than anything else. Help us to desire You, not because we have anything special to bring, but because with empty hands we invite the pouring out of Your Spirit in our lives!

“Nothing in my hand I bring, simply to the cross I cling.”

May I daily desire what God wishes to graciously give!

No comments:

Post a Comment