Monday, October 22, 2018

Anoint My Feet Jesus!


Job 29 records the words of the man who is remembering the former blessings of his life before the pain. Verse 6 reflects on a time, “When my steps were bathed with cream.” I found this interesting to say the least. 

Sometimes “cream” or “heavy milk”, even “butter” was used for the purposes of anointing the feet. And Job is reflecting here on a time when the richest milk flowed from him. Some theologians say that Job’s cattle produced such a vast quantity of milk that when the servants brought it in from the fields, their pails would literally run over in abundance. So much so that Job couldn’t step from his house without stepping into puddles or milk. Some scholars say that this milk acted as a “washing” agent for his feet.

Job is recollecting a time when his feet were literally dripping with the cream, intimating the presence of the Lord. 


And so it makes me see differently this morning. I am dripping with His presence when I spend time with Jesus. When I soak in habitation with the Father. I leave an indelible mark and affect every room I enter when I remain connected to the Giver of grace. 


Eph 6:15 says, “Stand on your FEET alert, then you’ll always be ready to share the blessings of peace.” Ahh... there’s gonna be people I encounter today who are experiencing pain and chaos. Am I walking into their life with a READINESS to bring peace? I’m praying for God to keep me ever aware of my potential influence!

Isaiah 52:7 says, “How beautiful on the mountains are the FEET of the messenger who brings good news...”. Ahh.. beautiful are the feet... implication here is: movement, going somewhere.”

Psalm 40:12 says, “... He set my FEET on solid ground and steadied me AS I walked along.” We can trust Him in our going!

Josh 1:3 says, “Wherever you set your FEET, you’ll be on land I’ve given you.” It’s like God’s saying, “You want to be blessed.. you want to change things? Get going! Get into it!”

And so we pray: “Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” We declare it like He’s commanded in the example: “Kingdom, come!” We say, “I want Your world to infect and influence my world.”  So then we must ask for the anointing of our feet.


I'm asking for it today and tomorrow and next week.  Always.  God, anoint my feet with readiness, eagerness, willingness, excitement, usefulness, preparedness, promptness, strength, hunger, and anticipation.

"Your Word is a lamp to guide my FEET."  Psalm 119:105.

Walk.  Go.  Get moving on that anointing.  Leave a mark for Jesus!  

The world is waiting.

Anoint my feet, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment