Friday, December 28, 2018

My Prayer Warrior Friend

This is a picture of my friend Peggy. You can’t see her really well... but that’s hardly the point. And she’s not here on social media, so she’ll never see this, yet that’s not the point either.

I met Peggy about a year ago and really got to know her better through a group I led at church this past fall.

And I simply adore her.

And what I love best about her is the story that a lot of people might not know.

This woman of God attends both gatherings every week at Bethany. She arrives early, sits off to the side, and sits through both morning services.

In between gatherings, you can find her sitting upstairs in the prayer room.

Every single week.

Peggy is a prayer warrior. And her purpose for being present all morning long at church is to intercede for the needs of our church body.

She makes no announcement of this, and draws absolutely no attention to herself. She doesn’t “advertise” her prayers and besides her bright friendly smile, you may never know she’s there rushing the throne room for those she calls family.

But she’s there. And she’s faithful. And she’s radically changing the atmosphere each and every week!

You and I may never know the voices raised to heaven on our behalf consistently and faithfully. But I believe there are angels sent by God Himself, who are interceding and believing for big things for you and me! There’s somebody right now who is likely believing God for the miracle you’ve been waiting for.

And may we learn something from Peggy. That we have an opportunity every day to be difference makers this side of eternity. Others are counting on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment