Monday, March 25, 2019

Choose To Speak Life

I saw it this morning. A detour by God of sorts. Because some mornings what we intended doesn’t go as planned. And what He reveals is even better.

Because I’ve been thinking on it for weeks now. Because I’ve been praying to have more of it for even longer than that. Because it’s really a matter of life and death.

Every day we have a choice.

To speak love and life with our lips. Or to allow death and destruction to keep reigning supreme.
Paul spoke life. In Romans 15:14 he says, “I am fully convinced, my dear brother and sisters, that you are full of goodness.” Words spoken to a church he wasn’t responsible for having planted nor visited.
Yet he was speaking life to them. Encouraging them further that, “... all you need is this reminder.” (Vs 15).

Because really, don’t we all just need reminded?

And my mind immediately goes to the one who’s choices have been less than desirable. I think of the one who’s repeatedly demonstrated failure by worlds standards. I consider the one who’s depression has been sustained because of reminders of deficiency.

And maybe enough is enough.

Maybe it’s time to start speaking life over lives! Because just maybe it’s time we seize the opportunity to speak ABOUT them what we’re choosing to see IN them!

We’ve got to choose better!
Or we really are... no better.

We get to shift atmospheres and CALL FORTH better destinies in ourselves and other people.

Don’t let disappointment destroy your heart!

Choose wisely. YOU are a difference maker!

Speak life!

No comments:

Post a Comment