Wednesday, March 13, 2019

On: Trust

I saw it topple over just after my cleaning spree had begun. The letters I had only days earlier arranged perfectly atop the table in our living room.

Because sometimes, in the battle especially, you need reminders and action plans. Eight simple letters, two words to remind us to TRUST HIM in everything.

And yet this is precisely how trust looks like sometimes, doesn’t it? Messy. Disassociated. Misaligned. Mangled. Disordered. Muddled. Disjointed.

Because trust is what is asked of us by a good God in the midst of seemingly convoluted circumstances and scrambled situations.

Because trust is easier when all things make sense. When my desires are being delighted and when my needs are being nourished. But when the longings translate to lack and when my petitions seep into poverty.. what then?

Trust.

He whispers it and my heart recognizes the familiarity of His voice.

Trust.

When it doesn’t make sense.
When it hurts.
When it looks like abandonment.
When it feels uncomfortable.
When it requires more work.

Trust.

Because I heard it in my quiet time this morning... as much as He wants to heal physical bodies, He wants to administer soul transformation!

But I have to trust.
Trust in His timing.
Trust in His promise.
Trust in His provision.

Trust Him.

Adjust the pieces and give yourself to trust. Realign the fragments so you can refocus on His purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment