Monday, November 11, 2019

Posture Determines Potential

I have always been the one who could be found begging God to use me.  I’ve said it for years… “I’m ready now God!  Use me to do big work for You and for Your Kingdom!”

And He’s answered that prayer in more ways than one.

I have watched Him do powerful work in and through my life.  And I have had a ringside seat beside some earth-shaking experiences and incredible moves of God.

But I have also been in quiet seasons of obscurity.  I’ve been directed to say no to some things I believed would have been life-giving for me, and life-changing for others. 

I’ve surrendered myself to acts of radical obedience only to be given the assignment of “sitting this one out.”

I have been a witness to loneliness and isolation, and have experienced the real heartache of God’s pruning in seasons of preparation.

And in His kindness God reminded me not long ago that He often chooses to use PROCESS to do His work in us and through us.

Because what I know to be true is that as much as God wants use us - He wants to know us.  And He wants us to know Him.  And sometimes His answers are delayed to gain interest and impact.

There are just some things we learn only by way of surrender in seclusion. 
Of saying yes to whatever He asks because we trust that even if the answer is wait, it’s for good reason.

And so it becomes a matter of how we position ourselves.
How we align our hearts and arrange our feet.

We can use this season of preparation to learn all we can about Jesus.  How He moved… how He spoke… how He served.
We can use this season of preparation to surrender our best yes to anything He asks of us.
We can use this season of preparation to ask Him to do the real heart work that’s necessary for longevity in the sometimes painstakingly long and difficult duties assigned.

How we position ourselves matters. How ready we are for what God has for us determines how effective we will be.

Today let’s prepare for all He has and allow our posture to proclaim our preparation for what He’s going to do IN and THROUGH us!


No comments:

Post a Comment