Thursday, January 23, 2020

He Trusts Me


As of late I have been thinking about this word, trust.

I remember when I first started my ministry, almost 10 years ago now, how zealous I was.  How confident I was that what the Lord had given me was a big call and how anxious I was to begin.

I was zealous = anxious; intensely enthusiastic; one who possesses ardent; fervent

And I wonder, now, if those early days had less to do with the message and more to do with my need for purpose.

I remember having a conversation with God very early on and telling Him, “God, I am ready for whatever you give!”  And yet in my spirit I sensed… even then… the Lord in His kindness saying, “Wendy, you think you’re ready,  but you’re really not.”

And I wasn’t.
The Lord had so much work to do in me.
He still does.
But every day I try to come as a willing vessel.
And every day I beg Him to reveal to me those things in which He has prepared me for.
Nothing more.
Nothing less.
Because it’s gotta be in His timing.

And the more He gives now… the more I realize how desperately I need Him and His strength to do what He’s called me to do.  Because often, now, as the relationship deepens, His assignment intensifies.  And the more challenging the duty becomes.

And I think about that now.  In almost everything I face.  In every obstacle I encounter.  In every setback I experience.
Sometimes I look at the impossibilities and I wonder.. “How will I do this?” 
In the years of ego-reduction I have come to realize how much I still need to learn and how far I have yet to come in my spiritual advancement.
And in the the midst of what seems too difficult I now tell myself this, “You have been given this assignment because He trusts you.”

He gives us impossible assignments because He trusts us.
He believes in the strength He’s placed within us to overcome the challenges we face.
He believes in the resurrection power He’s supplanted within us to be victorious in every hardship we encounter.

And while it is my strong conviction that He is not the administrator of destruction, He is the Author of deliverance and He is working - even this - for my good and His glory!

Your assignment… this difficulty you’re up against… has been assigned to you because He trusts you.  Will you prove to Him today that you can be trusted with all He has to give?

No comments:

Post a Comment