Saturday, February 15, 2020

Old Weapons In New Territory


God is taking you into a new season. New territory. He has so much planned for you.
Good things. Big things.

Trust and believe that what He has planned for you is bigger than you could ever dream or imagine for yourself.

But can I tell you something else?

While you are appropriately savoring all He has done for you up to this point.. and while you are wisely using the testimony of His goodness as an anchor for your soul… carrying you into this new season… you must, also, learn to let go.

Sometimes God calls us to fight.
Sometimes God calls us to stand still.
And yet other times, altogether, He says, "Come… and after you have said yes, THEN I will show you what’s needed. But you must be willing to lay aside what worked in one season to enter into this new season I’m bringing you into.”

What worked for us in one season, won’t work for us now. Oh, friend, God doesn’t work in regimented patterns and doesn’t always duplicate mercy by carbon copy.

His ways are mysterious. And it’s our job to embrace the mystery while surrendering our yes to Him.
I heard Him whisper it in my very soul the moments just following my prayer time on a Wednesday morning… “You cannot carry old weapons into this new territory. They are not what’s needed now.”

And I would share it with a friend who, too, is entering into unknown turf.
He just wants our yes.

And so I thank Him advance for the breakthrough that’s coming. And I renew my focus with greater intensity, purpose, and determination.


And I’m saying it again today… “Yes, God. Whatever You give. I trust You. I will lay down my weapons as I cross into this unknown soil.”

And because He are already there… I can trust that heading in defenseless is only proof that my trust in in the Perfect One who is all the strength I will ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment