Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Never Stop Recording The Miracles!

I love being a journaler.
For many reasons, actually.
But most specifically for recall in my later years.
I am very much looking forward to going back time and time again to see how the Lord has been faithful. To remember the times I experienced struggle and witnessed the victory! I look forward to reviewing my history with Jesus and bringing back to life my faith journey.

But most of all I look forward to the continuation of recounting the miracles I have seen in my lifetime.

2018 was a very painful and often heartbreaking year for my family. Between loss and sickness and difficult shifting in life seasons, it was wearisome, and required a great deal of faith and completely different levels of trust and obedience.

Oh BUT GOD!

We watched Him time and time and time again be faithful. RADICALLY faithful.

We had a front row seat to many miracles of mercy that it's hard for me to put it into words here.

He was so good.
And we were absolutely wrecked by the countless ways we saw His provision in what could have been a helpless season.

Instead of hopelessness, we triumphed with joy.
Instead of doubt, we watched our faith rise to new heights.
Instead of fear, we experienced deep peace.

All because of Jesus!

And I remember making a declaration early on. I said it over and over and over again, "I will NEVER stop telling of His goodness!" I was recalling Psalm 71:15-16 without even realizing it, "I will tell of your goodness; all day long I will speak of your salvation, though it is more than I can understand. I will go in the strength of the Lord God; I will proclaim your goodness, yours alone."

I was with a group of people once recalling the faithfulness of God. I was sharing, yet again, His miracles in our lives. And I remember one person saying to me, "Are you gonna tell us about this again?"

My heart kind of broke.
But then I remembered my declaration.
And I said with great ambition and excitement, "Yes! I am never going to stop speaking about His goodness!"

And we can't!

It's so important!
It's important to our witness, and it's important to our own spiritual growth.

Psalm 78:4 says this, "We will not hide these truths from our children; we will tell the next generation about the glorious deed of the Lord, about His power and His mighty wonders."

Oh and not just our children.
But anyone who is willing to listen.

We HAVE to keep telling of the miracles.
And not just the ones we would deem as "big" or "monumental", like healed cancer, and restored relationships.
But even the seemingly minuscule ones too.
Like the fact that you made it through a sleepless night.
Like the way your children are in church and serving the Lord.
Like the way you overcame a difficulty at work.
Like the way He has provided for you to have food for your family.
Like the way you see Jesus in the smile and kindness of a stranger at the store.

It's all miracles of His mercy!
It's all miraculous signs of His goodness!
And each are worthy or our recording and recalling.

We must remember that a HUGE part of our prayer life is Remembering His faithfulness, Recalling it as often as we can, and then Repeating the testimony for all to hear!

In a world filled with all kinds of negativity, it's time we infuse hope and joy and display Him in the brightest light possible!

We must continue to record and retell of the ways He's working even if we think it doesn't matter.

Oh because it really really really matters!!

Never stop recording the miracles!
Let your life become a memorial of Divine power and goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment